Providing multilingual content to your end users is a strategic decision for companies operating in global markets, and can even be a requirement for selling your products to certain markets.
NLG makes certain your content is localized by the appropriate expert resources, with the use of technology and assets to ensure your multilingual content accurately conveys the information to the end user.
Our process begins with the analysis of source content according to parameters that influence the quality, such as file format, complexity, consistency, repeatability, available assets (e.g. terminology, legacy, etc.), target audience, and intended purpose. This enables us to select the optimal workflow and resources for each project.
For a successful tech doc project, NLG focuses on the following:
- Educating our resources in utilizing technology and tools
- Providing training on our clients’ content
- Accessing our global network of experts on industry-specific content
- Understanding of audience needs and preferences
- Determining and using appropriate terminology
- Testing for content reuse and consistency
Our Technical Translation supports the following content types:
- User manuals
- Quick start guides
- Installation and maintenance guides
- Technical bulletins
- Service manuals
- Material safety datasheets
- Training & learning material
- And more…
Marketing Translation & Transcreation
NLG is the partner you need to help you Tell the World about how your products make a difference in your clients’ lives, production lines, and your industry at large. Whether they’re digital or printed, you want your marketing campaigns to be impactful, informative, and of course, enable sales in global markets.
For marketing projects, we make sure the information is accurately conveyed, with content and translation style adapted to fit your preferences. We take into account the target audience and purpose of the marketing material.
For more complex marketing material, we add an expert copy edit step to further adapt the translated content to fit local market needs. In some cases, marketing translations are handled as Transcreation requests to ensure your content is culturally adapted for your target audience. Transcreation includes delivery of multiple creative versions in the target language, with back-translation and explanation of the cultural decisions made.
NLG can handle your:
- Landing pages
- And more…
Websites are essential for promoting and providing information about your products. NLG will localize your content, while keeping in mind your target audience, brand identity, and global market strategy.
The path to successful website localization:
- Collaboration is Key: We aim to work closely with our clients’ digital marketing departments for localization. This way, our team can design the most appropriate workflow and use the most relevant technology to ensure flawless, on-time delivery of your multilingual website content.
- Integration with your Existing Infrastructure: We provide direct integration with your web CMS. These integrations enable workflow continuity with the implementation of uninterrupted, automated workflows that push content to localization and back to the CMS.
- The Appropriate Assets: Your multilingual website content should be consistent with your marketing campaigns and product information material. NLG will build the right processes and tools (style guides, glossaries, TMs, etc.) to preserve your brand identity. We will also assist with your content tagging strategy to ensure effective reuse of content.
- Testing: To ensure that the user experience remains consistent across your sites, we perform extensive functional testing. A final linguistic test will confirm the in-context accuracy of the translations after your website is built.
NLG will closely collaborate with your engineering and product development departments. Depending on market strategy and regulatory requirements, software is often localized in up to 30 languages. We employ the latest industry tools and methods to efficiently handle your most challenging software projects—from product UIs and diagnostic tools, to applications and more.
NLG can help on the following levels:
The NLG language-engineering team analyzes your material, identifies any i18n issues in the source code, and makes sure your code is ready to accept localizable strings based on the selected locale.
- Software Localization Engineering
During the project prep stage, NLG localization engineers perform the following tasks: Gathering and externalizing all resource files that contain translations and testing that all content is localizable, identifying possible roadblocks, and preparing for solutions that will identify encoding requirements.
- Linguistic & Functional Testing
We want to make sure your software runs bug-free in all localized versions. NLG offers testing services to identify and resolve any linguistic & functional errors introduced during the localization process. Some errors are only visible after the software built. Our teams will look for truncations, missing controls, etc. We track bugs in suggested systems and proceed with fixing errors.
NLG helps clients publish their content authored in traditional authoring tools, as well as XML publishing through templates.
The NLG Desktop Publishing (DTP) engineers and designers go beyond ensuring that the layout of your target content meets your look and feel requirements. We work with you to optimize layout and create templates for consistent delivery of your visual brand message. NLG also has automated parts of the publishing/DTP process for a variety of authoring tools to allow faster delivery of the final formatted files. This will also provide you with cost savings that enable you to invest in more localization products or processes.
NLG publishes XML localized content to a variety of outputs to assist our clients. We have successfully replicated our clients’ publishing engines and publication configuration. The process involves style-sheet migration, formatting configuration, and new versions and techniques for styling and template optimization. In some cases, the style-sheets are created from scratch to ensure process optimization and improvement of the published output.
We have vast experience in dealing with XML documents. NLG engineers have years of familiarity with parsing XML files, working with XPath, and working with a variety of XML editors. We create many tools as part of our process optimization from XML parsers to XML validators.
The DTP QA process starts before translation. Our DTP experts improve the source files to eliminate issues that may occur after translation into multiple languages. The DTP team then prepares the files for translation, taking into consideration the CAT tool, and prints PDF’s from the source files. After translation and edit, target files are sent to our formatting team for DTP. The formatters follow customized client instructions and language rules (punctuation, metrics, etc.) to match the target to the source. The DTP instructions are created in cooperation with the client and include specific requirements regarding the allowed font size reduction, target fonts, image analysis, print PDF settings, etc. Depending on the project requirements, the target PDF’s after DTP are sent to the translation teams to perform a PDF check.
After the translation and DTP process, our experts use a client-specific checklist to perform a QA to prevent formatting issues or deviations from client specifications, style guides, and instructions.
NLG offers a complete range of multimedia localization services.
Video localization: We consult with you regarding the best method to produce your multilingual videos. We transcribe, translate, build and test video, including recreating visuals, recording voice, and producing subtitles. NLG partners with resources that ensure the state of the art technology and studio equipment is used.
Voiceover/Dubbing: A method where the source language narration or dialogues in a video are interpreted into the target language. Depending on specific project requirements, we can dub the video replacing the original speaker’s audio track, or produce and even provide a lip synchronized result.
These are the steps we take for voice over production:
- Transcription and time-coding of original audio and creation of voice over script ready for translation
- Translation process
- Voice over recording with voice artists and recording studios (we provide sample of voice talent recordings)
- Cleaning and editing of recorded audio file
- Mix of recorded voice over with provided background, integration of audio track into video and encode master video files
Subtitles: Captions are placed usually at the bottom of the multimedia. These captions are time-coded according to the start of the dialogue and are displayed on screen long enough for adequate readability.
These are the steps we follow during the process of subtitling:
- Transcription and timing of English file
- Translation process
- Delivery of translated subtitles or files in various formats including SRT, Doc, RTF, SSC, TXT, STL, SUB, ASS, SSA, etc.
- Sync translated subtitles to video and encode approval video or hard code subtitles straight into the video
Video can be delivered in formats including AVI, MP4, MPEG, FLV, WMV, MOV, ASF, 3GP, etc.
We understand that in today’s world, knowledge is shared with your employees, partners, and clients through new types of media. We help our clients deliver global multilingual e-learning programs in a variety of formats. We’re involved every step of the way—from content development to translation, and linguistic adaptation to testing of the training material. We localize content built in a variety of tools in combination with multimedia and animation resources such as: Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Adobe Captivate, etc.
Are you struggling with new authoring formats and the connection to localization? Do you need to localize your software, but aren’t sure which files you can push to localization, or if your code is localization friendly? You can rely on the expertise and problem-solving skills of NLG’s localization engineers for process design and optimization, file conversion, and thorough testing. We create a bridge between translation and technology to ensure seamless integration.